Thursday, October 17, 2019

Once Upon a Bright Idea

In September I moved across the country to go to school. I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Kansas visiting some family and friends from before I moved to Ohio. I also got to spend a couple hours a day with my great grandma. While I was spending time with her I got to hear some amazing stories that I hadn't heard before.  I also watched how the other resident's eyes lit up as I listened to their stories and asked questions. I realized that many people, especially once we get older, don't have many people to share with anymore. Especially not ones who are too eager to listen. I love listening to people's stories, I can learn so much from someone by asking them who their favorite singer or artist is. 

 That is where my podcast idea came from. I wanted to listen and share stories to people who want to listen. When I got to school I immediately  started calling around to find senior centers that would let me interview some of their residents. This was a process that would take a couple of weeks and make me realize that I would love to interview a wide range of people. So I talked my roommates into helping me with my crazy scheme that I wasn't sure would actually go anywhere. A few short weeks (5) after my semester started I am proud to announce that I am actually getting somewhere. 

My crazy passion project is becoming a real life podcast and I couldn't be more proud of my hard work. Also super nervous. I have so many people that have helped me get this far, and I am only barely started. I haven't officially launched the podcast yet, and I will make a post as soon as I launch it.  I have done a couple of interviews and have many more lined up. I hope you guys are as excited as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment